Friday, September 01, 2006

House hunting

August 31, 2006
I've been spending a little time each day looking for that perfect place to live - which is hard to do when you don't really know the neighbourhoods. But I've decided that I don't want to live on the beach because it's too cold! I don't want to live downtown because it's less safe. The port hills are supposed to be great to live on because they are warmer but the only places I found looked like they would fall off their foundations in an earthquake - even a small earthquake, of which there are apparently many! Plus I wanted a furnished place so that eliminated about 90% of the rentals.

But good luck has struck! I found a place in Cashmere - a lovely neighbourhood near the port hills (even sounds warmer than North Beach where I'm living now!) - owned by a couple who are going to live in France for a year. So it isn't a typical rental property, it's on a little cul-de-sac and it has 2 bedrooms plus a little study (or a wee study I should say, seeing as I'm living in NZ). So start making your plane reservations to visit me! I move in September 21. And I've even been invited over to a party to meet the neighbours!

I went to the masters swimming workout last night instead of the triathlon team one and the coach put me in the fast lane! Fortunately it's a 50m pool so it took longer to get lapped. But it was sure a good workout. Short course nationals are in October in Wellington so if I get brave I can even do a swim meet!

Sorry, no good pictures today. I should have taken one of the house!

No comments: